Tech Will Save Us, Thirsty Plant Kit | Educational STEM Toy, Ages 8 and Up
$24.99 was $34.99
This product is currently sold out.
The Thirsty Plant Kit is a fun, easy-to-make kit for kids, that teaches them how to build a solar-powered moisture sensor for their favorite plant. Using plaster of Paris, a few electronic components, and some solar panels, kids will make a sensor that tells them when their plant needs water. It's the perfect introduction to building functional circuits and learning about sensors. And with our online MAKE platform, there are even more projects for kids to get stuck into.
How it works: 1. Make the sensor with the included plaster, nails, and tube.
2. Use the included components to build a circuit and add the solar panels.
3. Put your Thirsty Plant together and choose a plant
4. Try your hand at building a water bomb on our online projects platform
- How sensors work
- How to make a circuit
- How solar panels work
- How electronics work
- Creative thinking
Bullets change to:
Make a moisture sensor, power it with solar energy, and keep your plants happy
Perfect introduction to circuits and powering electronics without batteries
Learn about sensors, conductivity and building circuits Teaches creative problem-solving skills
More projects online
- Make a moisture sensor, power it with solar energy, and keep your plants happy!
- Perfect introduction to circuits and powering electronics without batteries
- Learn about sensors, conductivity and building circuits
- Teaches creative problem solving skills
- More projects online!