Geek & Co. Science! Glowing Crystal Geode
This product is currently sold out.
Create your own crystal geode - a round rock containing a crystal-filled cavity. First, cast a plaster geode shell in the mold and then fill it with a crystal-growing alum salt solution. The crystal solution contains an ultraviolet-luminous pigment that gets incorporated into the crystals as they form, resulting in a geode that glows in ultraviolet light. An ultraviolet flashlight with holder, as well as a display stand for the geode, are included. Display your beautiful specimen day and night! Learn about how crystals form and why the pigment glows under ultraviolet light.
- Create your own crystal geode - a round rock containing a crystal-filled cavity
- Contains a glow-in-the-dark pigment
- Includes an ultraviolet flashlight, holder and stand for your beautiful crystal geode
- Discover the science of growing crystals and glowing substances
- Ages 8+, 16 page full color manual and experiment guide